Tuesday, May 8, 2012

After Tango adjusted to the new settings for a week, we went to the arena for our first experience together.  Let me tell ya it was a sight to be seen!  In the horse trading business there tends to be a lot of white lies told.  Now, my grandfather is definitely guilty of leading people to believe they are getting something they are not when they buy a horse from him, but I do not believe in that.  I always try to be upfront and honest with people.  The couple I bought Tango from however, neglected to tell me a few things, and lied about several things.

I brought Tango out of the pasture into the arena and tied him up to one of the posts like I do any other horse.  Well, after about five minutes of grooming Tango had had enough.  He had a level 5 come apart.  He reared up and pulled back so hard on his halter and lead that he broke the halter.  He than began to prance around the arena like he had really just accomplished something.  The first problem had now come up.  He will not stand tied.  As of now he will stand quietly tied.

1 comment:

  1. You have a really cool pet! I loved riding horses when I was a kid! Sounds like a fun hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete